Staycations have been popular in years past. Typically, they were an option when money was tight or time off limited. But with the current pandemic, the summer staycation is making a comeback. If you’re staying home this summer, whether by choice or circumstance, try some of these cool “staycation” ideas:
- Install a pool for family enjoyment. This will offer many seasons of fun. And there are numerous options, including affordable above-ground designs.
- Plan a day trip in the car. There’s a lot to do on a tankful of gas, even as close as an hour’s drive. Google to learn more about some favorite local destinations or ask friends and family. Taking a scenic drive is a treasured American pastime.
- Buy some cool camping gear and a grill. Set the kids up in a new camper or tent outside. Get a campfire going, point out the constellations, and enjoy all the perks of camping, at home.
- Grill out every night. If you have a grill master in your family, he or she can plan a new masterpiece daily – better yet, have each family member design a nightly meal.
- Have an outdoor movie night. Bring the TV outside and pop some popcorn and enjoy other movie treats. Spread out your blankets and sleeping bags and enjoy the show!
- Consider a jacuzzi. There’s no better way to enjoy a staycation than by relaxing in a hot tub.
- Visit a ‘virtual’ museum, park, or zoo. There are many excellent choices throughout the US (even worldwide!) offering virtual tours. Pick a different “excursion” every day.
- Find some trails. Walk, bike, and hike – get some fresh air as a family and enjoy the great outdoors. Pack a picnic and make a day of it! Many trails are viable options, even when social distancing.
Need a little extra help? Summer “Staycation” Loans
- Borrow up to $3,500 at a low fixed rate of 8.5% APR.*
- Take up to 12 months to repay.
- Use for any summer need.
* APR = Annual Percentage Rate. Rate effective June 1, 2020, and subject to change without notice. APR may vary based on creditworthiness, loan amount, term, and collateral. Contact the credit union for the complete details.