January 3, 2022:
American Spirit FCU will continue operating via drive-thru service at all branches. Starting the week of Monday, January 3, 2022, American Spirit FCU drive-thrus will be open from 10:00 AM – 4:30 PM on Wednesdays.
March 23, 2020:
With directive from Governor Carney that non-essential stores be closed, we wanted to confirm for our members that American Spirit FCU remains open for business. As previously stated, our top priorities are the safety of our members and employees and maintaining service to members. Given that social distancing has become an important practice in slowing the spread of COVID-19, American Spirit FCU has will be limiting in-branch services beginning Monday, March 23, 2020 until further notice.
Please understand that, although our doors may be locked during regular business hours, we are open and here to serve you. In-branch limitations may vary based on the services typically available at each individual location, but generally will occur as follows:
- Transactional service. Available by e-services/Home banking, drive-thru, night drop, or ATM. American Spirit FCU encourages all members to perform transactions from home as possible, or by using our drive-thru, night deposit, or ATM network. Lobbies will be closed for transactional services, such as deposits, transfers, and withdrawals, until further notice.
- Night deposit changes. For cash deposits, check deposits, and loan payments, we encourage you to expedite your trip and skip the drive-thru line by using the night depository. While branch services are limited, items placed in the night depository will be collected and processed frequently throughout each day.
- Account changes, new accounts, loan applications, etc. Some requests may be possible through self-service/Home banking tools, while others may require an appointment. Contact us to via Home banking –Message center to discuss options available to you and determine the best course of action.
- Debit card issuance. Please call ahead to request your card; pick-up is available via drive-thru at the Newark branch or opt to receive your card by mail.
- Safe deposit box access. Available by appointment only.
- Notary service. Available via Drive-thru or by appointment only.
- Shared branch transactions. Available via Drive-thru.
For further information or to request an appointment, please call 302-738-4515.
We truly appreciate your cooperation and patience as we adapt to the current situation, and we want to remind you that, as your trusted financial partner, American Spirit FCU has plans in place to maintain operations and keep you and your accounts safe.
American Spirit’s Response
The recent outbreak of the Coronavirus has the public concerned about a potential pandemic and the impact it could have on daily financial transactions. We would like to reassure you that the health, safety and service of our members and employees is always our top priority. As such, American Spirit Credit Union has updated our business continuity plans and is taking precautions to deliver on these priorities and ensure stability should there be a global or local interruption of commerce.
What American Spirit Credit Union is Doing:
- We continually disinfect our branches and offices, including door handles and countertops.
- Our employees may use sanitary gloves when handling transactions as a precaution.
- We routinely conduct Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery exercises to ensure that we can maintain successful operations and member service.
- We are providing hand sanitizer at all branch locations, so that members can help prevent the spread of germs when transacting.
What Steps You Can Take to Manage Your Finances:
- Take advantage of our Online Teller. You can easily check balances, make transfers and pay bills, without having to leave your home or come to a branch.
- Activate your eStatements if you have not already and reduce your exposure to mail flow and related contamination risks.
- Be sure to wash your hands thoroughly with soap or sanitizer before and after any money transactions, including currency exchange or payments, card usage ATM, and Gas Station transactions.
- Members can always apply for loans and open shares remotely through our website and Online Teller channels.
- With a heightened pandemic threat, comes the elevated potential of scams. If anyone contacts you purporting to be from any agency or financial institution and asks for your personal information, please be diligent and do not share any account, social security, password or other personal identification details.
Additional Resources and Tips
The following Federal websites are continuously providing updates on the current state of the Coronavirus.